OVERVIEW & PURPOSE
This course aims to create new pathways through music appreciation while empowering students to develop a deeper understanding of the various genres that have influenced the way we dance today.
- Develop musical awareness.
- Explore musical genres through eras and styles influencing pop culture/Hip Hop.
- Passive listening for enjoyment and active listening for reflection.
- Understand the lineage and identify artists, songwriters, and composers who contributed their genius to today’s musical landscape.
- I am using historical and cultural context to deepen your understanding of dance.
I have outlined questions and steps in all assessments to check students’ understanding of the material and exercises given. Ex:
- Use your notes.
- Complete each quiz (not mandatory).
- You can upload your notes or send me questions.
- Play Music Daily
- Visit a record store
- Check out a LIVE BAND
- Who Sampled This?
- Write Down Everything